The ancient city of Athens is testimony to the medieval classical Greek city, mostly showcased through its historical features in the archeological sites surrounding it. And more you can have idea about the city from its cultural events organized here annually.
• Athens Festival: This cultural festival as held in Athens truly showcases the cultural vibrancy and true culture of Athens. The festival held in two phases and is being organized since 1955 at the around 2,000 years old Herod Atticus Oden. The ancient tiered theatre rest on the foot of the Acropolis and during summer and autumn resounds each evening to the tune of symphony orchestras, classical drama and dance, and other operatic performances. The large and varied programme of international and Greek artists is there available from the Athens Festival office on Stadiou Street. The summer section of the festival is organized and runs from about June to July, while its autumn section covers the period from August to October.
• Greek Dance Festival: This dance festival shows the energy and warmth of Greek people no better showed up by the Greek people is no better presented through the traditional dancing and even can be presented through and in fine style at each summer night at the theatre established by Greek folk expert, Dora Stratou, on Philopappus Hill in Athens. Now dancers can even do even particularly full justice to the costume and ancient routines that prepares a packed and entertaining performance.
• Rockwave Festival: Annually held from since 1996 Athens’ Rockwave Festival is Europe’s most popular annual live rock music events, and attracts performers and an enthusiastic crowd of tens of thousands. The music fest carried for over three days and shows three different types of music including metal, rock and dance. The latest addition form added to the festival is the ‘silent’ dance experience that also shows up the Silent Disco.
• International Street Theatre Festival: On this festival the laneways and highways of Athens becomes vibrant as the events and activities like streets and squares burst into life with puppet shows, dance performances and theatre shows and this all is there held and organized throughout the city.
• Athens Fashion Week: This attracts the thousands of visitors, the international press and celebrities to it. The Athens Fashion Week has earned a reputation in Greek and international designers to show case there dresses and fashion accessories in fashion as well as fashion world. Greek and international designers get together for this event at Technopolis.
• Green Design Festival: The Green Design Festival is annual event for the for the 21st century people where culture meets and mixes up with each other as to devise means to go much greener. It joins architects, designers and street artists in Athens’ Syntagma Square for very green arts programme. There is also a programme of parallel events as occurred throughout the city. For more information and updates you can look at the festival website.
• Lycabettus Hill Festival: This is an ideal way to spare out and enjoy the hot summer night in Athens around their stunning and mesmerizing settings to have recreation in at the annual Lycabettus Hill contemporary arts festival. Varied and different performers their take place in the open air theatre on the top of the hill which gives the magnificent views across Athens. The programme involves contemporary jazz, pop, rock and dance shows.